Objectives of Mapping and Size Estimation
The overall objective of the mapping and size estimation is to generate national and subnational level size estimates of PWID, MSM/TG, sex workers and male labor migrants in Nepal.
Location and official travel involved
The mapping and size estimation is planned to be implemented in all districts of Nepal covering all seven provinces of Nepal, but international consultant will visit in Kathmandu for workshop/meetings/trainings.
Services the Supplier will provide:
The international consultant will provide technical support to the mapping and size estimation team and research organization in different phases. The following are the major services and deliverables of international consultant:
a) Key tasks during the preparatory stage
• Develop the mapping and size estimation protocol and share with the country team and research organization for review and feedback. Review and provide feedback on mapping tools including questionnaire, consent form, data collection forms and other required mapping tools developed by research organization and team.
• Facilitate 3-days workshop to orient mapping and size estimation team on methodology and overall management of mapping and size estimation exercise.
b) Field Work of Mapping and Size Estimation
· Facilitate few technical sessions in training organized to capacitate field team. SCI will bear the travel and per Diem cost of international consultant for in-person facilitation of workshop.
· Regularly review collected data and provide feedback to mapping team and research organization.
· Guide mapping team and research organization in data management.
· Attend key meetings virtually invited by NCASC, SCI and other stakeholders and present technical part of mapping and size estimation process whenever required.
· Review and provide feedback on dataset developed by mapping and size estimation Nepalese team and research organization.
c) Key tasks during data analysis and finalization of report and dissemination content
· Guide mapping team and research organization in data analysis. Develop syntax and share with mapping team to generate national and subnational size of KPs. Provide details of adjustment factors and extrapolation methods for estimating size of KPs.
· Review and update draft report shared by the mapping team.
· Review and provide feedback on final dissemination content such as fact sheet, press release and PPT.