The Digital Education Action Plan (2021-2027) proposes as Action 9 to ‘Develop a European Digital Skills Certificate (EDSC) that may be recognised and accepted by governments, employers and other stakeholders across Europe. This would allow Europeans to indicate their level of digital competences, corresponding to the Digital Competence Framework proficiency levels’.
The objectives of the study are:
- mapping and analysis of the Digital competence development and skills certification landscape in the EU;— identification of stakeholders for consultation;
- gap analysis (what is the demand for an EDSC and what is lacking) to understand the role and value of an EU Digital Skills Certificate and how it could support recognition of digital skills in Europe;
- validation of the operational concept;
- technical feasibility;
- costs and benefits analysis for different stakeholders;
- limitations, risks and challenges;
- propose the definition of the purpose, scope and steps of a pilot of the EDSC.